2 A GREAT LESSON.


A GREAT LESSON.

Now let me tell you another amazing lesson I learned with her as the roles reversed; my mother as my companion and me as the disciple. 

We arrived early to the mentoring session. As usual, I sat in the chair near the entrance door on the side of the bed, my mother sat on Lupita's bed. 

The teacher started a new topic and began explaining how important thoughts are, because thoughts are energy, and such energy creates the reality. She said “…we live today what we were thinking yesterday”. 

She described how when we think something repeatedly, we manifest it in our daily lives and create everything that resonates with such idea. There is no filter, if we think either constructive or destructive, the energy will follow accordingly. Many times we do not have a clear intention, we may think we are doing “well” but our real intention is just a selfish wish hence it is extremely important that our thoughts are worthy and correct in accordance to the universal law. 

She commented that with the necessary practice and discipline we may create a satisfactory life, in our case we may reach the major understanding offered by Astrology, because Astrology covers it all without contradictions like our ideas.  But it is only for those who are pure at heart and for those who try hard enough to train their brain to understand the hidden secrets and prepare your heart to respect and love them and also knowing the difference between a plain desire and the bodily needs.

In that way, we must also take care and exercise the powerful sexual energy, which lies in our sacred bone, which name derives from sacred, to sublimate it in higher thoughts and acts. With a very serious tone of voice, she said that when someone thinks a lot about sex and “the dirty passions”, shows physical reactions, one of them is, extreme heat in the buttocks which increases according to the recurrence of such thought. The heat could climb and redden your face.

- Right Olga? She asked my mother. To which Mom replied with an almost imperceptible "yes". 

My mother looked at me while I took notes, like one of those times when you stare to listen more carefully. I kept doing my thing, turned my head towards Lupita. The teacher continued, saying that heat was caused by the resistance to abandon a superficial life. She asked my mother again: - 

You understand me, right, Olga? She remained silent, a silence that was like a censure. 

I looked at my mother, then at Lupita, who was still making the bracelet, but this time, my mother didn't answer. It became a awkward silence, I didn't say a word, my mother was still quiet, just looked astonished and I noticed her face was getting very red.

When we least expect it, Lupita burst out laughing. I was baffled. Then she asked: 

- What do you think of my new electric cover, Olga?

And she kept laughing with that frank and fascinating laugh happy and innocent people have, almost like a child.

I did not dare to laugh, a little out of respect for my mother and because I did not fully understand the joke from my Astrology teacher, whom I used to see with so much solemnity. When my mother realized that Lupita, was gradually and carefully rising the temperature of the electric blanket, where she seated, so that she didn't notice she was laughing in silence, with her face flushed, she looked between inquisitive and indecisive, and with her overweight, her belly was moving from top to bottom, that made me laugh. 

Laughter, good humor, was another valuable lesson added to Astrology that Lupita gave me: having a good mood, humor counteracts discouragement, sadness and even fear. 

Laughter transforms a rigid environment into a soft one, releases tension, and is contagious. A joke turns something bad into something funny and breaks the personal boundaries. 

A blind woman over ninety years old, who had to spend her days in a hospital bed, without the privilege of sight, was so happy, she was joking, she transmitted her teachings, while she was threading bracelets. My heart felt the pleasure of her closeness and wished to resemble to that happy woman and above all, lucid until the last moments.

With a mixture of seriousness and humor, she left a mark in my mind and my heart. I spend a lot of time practicing how to strengthen this principle in all the areas of my life, I hope I get it.

 Yes it is true that one of the most important esoteric lessons is the one that tells us "The universe is mental", and in the Tarot Raider, the major Arcanum I, The Magician, symbolizes the concentration of thoughts on the right desires, represented by the garden’s roses. Signifying if enough mental energy is concentrated in a thought, it is possible to turn it in reality. 

In fact, as Lupita said, we created our present life, with our past thoughts. If you want to synchronize it with the well-being, with the abundance, you must change your thoughts and do your internal work to define “what is right”. Of course, this principle is not all, we must also know other universal laws and know how to use them and put them in action.

That day Lupita gave me a lesson of then hidden knowledge wrapped with the grace of humor.  Among other lessons, she told me, as my mother did too, Astrology could give me the possibility of working at home and at the same time taking care of my son. 

She also gave me advice on educating my little six years old Aries. Her physical presence was not enough for me. I like to think her presence still there supervising her students. We are not few.

After Lupita died, my mother helped me a little, but she didn't have much patience for teaching. I had nothing left but to become self-taught. I memorized symbols, meanings, interpretations and themes, but everything was very technical, I read my mom's books, which I didn't understood very well, I had to look up many words in the dictionary, but above all, not I had a lot of experience in life. I didn't know what a divorce was, to have a major disease or facing the death of a loved one. I could only understand the symbols and repeat their meaning and that was an overachievement itself.

For two years, I worked with my mother, calculated and plotted the astral charts that they requested her and she interpreted them, their fees were very high but not consistent, she was consulted by housewives, corporate executives, artists, doctors, neighbors, merchants, etc. Many of them became great friends after time. 

The transits of Uranus and Saturn, which led me to take classes with Lupita, not only pushed me directly into astrology. Months later, Uranus also brought rebellion and yearning for freedom and Saturn put me in front of a useless structure: My body, my emotions and thoughts in an internal twister crying I could not be myself or act freely if I was still sheltered under my mother's wing. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

FOREWORD

1 FIRST STEPS

14 BYE, MOM.